This book is intended for children. In the book, Dr. Kellogg:
- Presents in a simple manner such anatomical and physiological facts as shall give the child a good fundamental knowledge of the structure and functions of the human body.
- Presents each topic in such clear and simple language as to enable the child to comprehend the subject matter with little aid from his teacher.
- Presents a natural and logical order in the sequence of topics. Technical terms have been used very sparingly, and only in their natural order, and are fully explained.
Some of the topics covered include:
- A General View of the Body
- Our Foods
- Unhealthful Foods
- Our Drinks
- How We Digest
- Bad Habits in Eating
- Why the Heart Beats
- How to Keep the Heart and the Blood Healthy
- Why and How We Breathe
- How to Keep the Lungs Healthy
- The Skin and What It Does
- How to Take Care of the Skin
- The Kidneys and Their Work
- Our Bones and Their Uses
- How to Keep the Bones Healthy
- The Muscles, and How We Use Them
- How to Keep the Muscles Healthy
- How We Feel and Think
- How to Keep the Brain and Nerves Healthy
- Bad Effects of Alcohol Upon the Brain and Nerves
- How We Hear, See, Smell, Taste, and Feel
There is a preview of this book available (link will open in a new window).