About the Book
If you are a young person, how do you discover what you’re good at and harness it to make a difference with your life as you grow up? The forty-one stories in BOY POWER: How Famous Men Chose to Answer God’s Call When Young tells how Abe, Barry, Ben, Bill, Colin, David, Desmond, Dietrich, George, Henry, Isaac, James, Johann, Johannes, John, Joseph, Josiah, Leonardo, Louis, Luther, Martin, Moses, Neil, Nelson, Orville, Samuel, Thomas, Wernher, Wilbur, William, Winnie, and Wolfgang figured out what they were good at and faced difficulties and handicaps to do big things in their lives.
You will learn about…
• a boy that nobody wanted who used the power of his brain to invent things;
• a boy who was at the right place and time and brave enough to save a life;
• boys who were lifelong friends and who loved to explore;
• a boy who loved tinkering with mechanical things;
• boys who liked experimenting with growing things;
• boys who wanted to fly;
• a boy who mastered a bad temper and read lots of books;
• a boy whose dream was to take on injustice;
• a boy who was willing to help others who were bullied;
• a sickly boy who found out what he was worth to God.
Who knows what you will be able to do if you discover your abilities, don’t give up, and let God use you!
Available in PAPERBACK and eBOOK formats.
About the Author
Doris Irish Lacks has served in various capacities for the benefit of young people for over seventy years. She has been a pastor’s wife, a children’s Sabbath school teacher, a women’s dean at Southern Missionary College (now Southern Adventist University), and an administrative secretary at Clarkson University in New York. She graduated from the University of Iowa with a music degree specializing in Trombone Performance. Currently, Doris lives in New York state near the Canadian border and enjoys reading, writing, and entering 5K races, knowing that she is guaranteed to win because she will be the only runner in her age group.
For more books by the author, click HERE.
Preview (PDF file will open in a new window)
Click here to PREVIEW this book